Frequently Asked Questions about Hire
1. How many loo’s will I need for my event / wedding?
The Purple Guide are the industries bible for the welfare of guests at outdoor events for large numbers or you can use our loo calculator found on our website to give you an indication of how many loo’s you will require for your number of guests. For wedding’s and smaller private event’s it can be a bit more tricky as every intimate event is different with different needs for each guest. Different aspects contribute to differing needs such as; hours guests will be there, if there are food and drink served and if your event is going on to the following day.
For an accurate number please get in contact with us at email@example.com and we will send you over a personalised quotation imminently.
2. When will are the loo’s delivered and collected?
If you have any special requirements just let us know upon booking and we will do our very best to accommodate your time slots / days / dates. What normally happens however, is we will get in contact with you about two to one weeks prior to your event date with a day for delivery and collection, along with an AM or PM delivery slot. We cannot guarantee that we can change slots but we will do our very best to ensure we find a working solution for everyone. We work on the basis of delivery on Wednesday or Thursday or Friday and collection on Monday or Tuesday. For out of hour delivery and collection this will incur additional charges.
Portable toilet hire: You do not need to be there for delivery or collection, simply place a mark where you want us to leave the plastic toilet and we will do the rest. Secondly, we require the plastic toilets to be located within 10 m of vehicle access to allow us to empty them before collection.
Trailer unit hire: We will do our very best to ensure that we position the trailer units (toilets or showers) where you want them, but as these are bigger there are a few points to consider before choosing your location:
- Space for us to reverse the trailer into position for you, this will need to include room for a 4×4 vehicle, the towing hitch and the trailer itself. On our website you can see the different sizes for what trailer units we provide, if you are unsure please get in contact with us.
- Next we require the trailer units to be positioned on flat, firm ground and as level as possible. We can position the units on any type of surface; gravel, tarmac, concrete, hard-standing or grass – however, when it comes to grass if it is too wet we may need to think of a second option as we don’t want to ruin your lawn or field with marking the wet grass with our vehicles. We cannot be liable for any accidental damage caused on site.
3. When do I pay for my order?
We ask for full payment prior to delivery on all units.
- To secure your booking we please ask for a 20% deposit – this secures your products and date. We operate on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and once our equipment is fully booked, its fully booked.
- The remaining balance is due 2 weeks prior to your delivery date.
- Once the full balance is paid or if it its less than 30 days away, we cannot offer a refund.
- Payments can be made by debit or credit card over the phone with our office – 01360 828 824 or online via BACS. We are unable to accept American Express payments.
4. What do I need to provide for the toilets/ showers?
Single plastic chemical loo’s are all self contained and simply need a flat(ish) piece of ground within 10m of vehicle access to position the loo’s.
All luxury toilet trailers will need a 240v/13amp/2.5kva power supply via mains electricity or a generator. We will provide all leads and connections which are PAT tested.The luxury trailer units produces a max 12.8amp draw. We will not require water on site for your trailer units.
Showers will require a constant water supply at good pressure, a power supply as above and we will need somewhere to run the dirty shower water off to. This can be a hedge or a drain for instance.
5. Is there someone from HWCo. On hand if there are any problems during my event?
We pride ourselves on our new units and loo’s, we look after all our equipment in house, which make them very reliable, however, thing’s can go wrong. For that extra peace of mind, we have a 24 hour out of hours phone number for all our customers.
We will try and solve any issues over the phone, if this fails then we will send out a technician as soon as possible to quickly and discreetly fix the problem. You are not charged for this service, however if our technician is called out without due cause then a call-out charge may be payable
6. Are the toilets and showers insured?
Honeywagon Co. is insured for Public & Employee Liability, however it is the Hirer’s responsibility to insure the unit(s) against loss or damage during the hire period. It is worth checking to see if you are covered by your household/event insurance policy. Alternatively, independent event insurance should be considered, we must have proof of insurance prior to delivery of the unit(s).
7. How much does it cost to hire from HWCo.?
This is completely dependent on how many loo’s you require, what type of loo (single or trailer) you require and how long a period you need them. It is also dependent on your location from our depot, for an accurate quote please get in touch with our team on 01360 828 824 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Will the loo’s need serviced during my event?
The loo’s last for up to 12 hours without the need for servicing, this is based on the correct number of guests you have told us will be in attendance. If the event is longer than this, or if you have extra guests you will require the loo’s to be serviced, this can be discussed upon booking.
9. Can an attendant be provided?
Yes we can provide one or more attendants for your event, party or wedding – dependent on your number of guests. Our attendant’s will keep on top of any mess in the loo’s and make sure that they are well maintained and clean. Our attendants also have knowledge on all our trailer’s, in the unlikely event that there is an issue, they can fix any problems on site.
10. How will the loo’s arrive and be collected?
We deliver our trailer unit’s with our 4×4 vehicles – they are towed in like a big caravan or box trailer. Our single plastic toilet’s will be delivered via our 4×4 on a trailer or by our van’s – dependent on the number of single plastic toilet’s on hire.
11. Can the loo’s be placed inside a marquee?
Yes. We normally place our luxury toilet trailer’s inside marquees – due to the good old reliable Scottish weather. The marquee company will be responsible for their marquee and equipment, however, we normally ask for a 9m x 6m or 9m x 9m marquee frame for a single trailer unit. The delivery and collection of the loo’s need to coincide with the building and dismantling of the marquees, so best that we are all singing from the same hymn sheet.
12. Wheel Chair accessible units:
If you require a wheel chair accessible unit for some of your guests, we can provide this – we stock both plastic single unit’s which include a baby-changing area or our luxury VIP trailers that are wheel chair friendly too. At your time of enquiry please let us know your requirements and we can let you know the cost of these unit’s.
13. Can the toilet trailers be plumbed into mains waste?
Yes, we can plumb into your mains drainage, which mean’s no chemical is required. For more information please get in contact with us on 01360 828 824.
14. Can I move the loo’s once they are set up by Honeywagon Co.?
No, the trailers have been levelled and secured properly, they cannot be moved once in place. The single plastic loo’s – can be slightly adjusted, however, any damage will be liable to the customer.
15. What come’s with the luxury toilet trailers?
We provide; loo roll, paper hand towels, soap, hand moisturiser, sanitary bins, paper towel bins, electrical cable for plugging into your power source, chemical, fresh water, skirting, steps and most importantly our unit’s are delivered in pristine, clean condition.
16. What come’s with the plastic single toilets?
We provide; hand soap or sanitiser, loo roll, bin, chemical and fresh water – the loo’s are delivered cleaned.
17. Do I need to do anything in cold weather?
In the event of frost or freezing conditions the pipes but be drained and all heaters turned on.